And counting down the 11 or so weeks until we finally meet this Baby Boy! He is awake as I type this and says "Hey 'dere" in his scruffy voice to all who might be reading! So far, he kinda sounds like Black Betty, if any of you remember her voice. :)
So I was very relieved and excited to pass both my thyroid check and my glucose tolerance last week at my 28 week visit with the midwives! Nancy says I'm measuring right on and of course we heard his strong heartbeat pounding away. She also was pretty sure he had moved from his before breech position (from 20wks) to head down! She said of course he might certainly move but that once she confirms him head down at 32 weeks that babies rarely move after that.
His movements have changed as his space gets more limited. Not as many kicks and punches more knees elbows rolls and twists! I always talk and sing to him when he is awake. Often if I push back he seems to respond.
I am sometimes able to hear his heart thru the stethoscope Mom sent out to me. And Jack can sometimes find it just with his ear listening. We have a lot of fun trying, and enjoy watching my belly bounce all over the place.
I will miss being pregnant, but I am starting to know the discomforts of the 3rd trimester as baby grows. I wake every 2-3 hours and cannot fall back to sleep. I already have to prop pillows under my belly and wedge my self between the cat and said pillow. It is interesting every night! I have taken to napping on the couch when possible which is more comfy! :)
The nursery is pretty much as ready as it is going to get. I have pictures still to have Jack hang, and I was going to have him build onto my changing table/dresser as I have no where to set the changing stuff like the wipes and that. I have looked online to find a rolling cart of sorts but can't decide.
I did botch the whole bedding set and put it on Craigs. We decided not to use a bumper at all, as we figured we would worry more about SIDS or smothering. So why keep the other stuff? I hope I can make some money back on it! So far no bites though. :)
The replacement glider back arrives tomorrow!! I am so excited to put that thing together! It will complete the nursery as it was the last piece of furniture to arrange and try out. As I told Tami, that Baby and I are gonna work that thing over!
11 weeks still seems a ways off to me, but I know it isn't. Jack gets more excited everyday as he is imagining "all the things they will do together." I do hope our little guy shares some interests with Jack. But as I explained to him, I believe that it is how the parent relates to the child and conveys the hobby that makes them either like or dislike a certain thing. If the child has good experiences in the garage with Dad and can be hands on and not get in trouble he will likely enjoy it. Same with any other task or hobby. It comes down to the experience and not getting bored just watching! Jack will have to work on that, as will I. We have talked about how our first role in parenting is "teacher" and how we teach will define the relationship and the child. We'll get this done. God has a wonderful plan for us and for this little boy.
I am still keeping my hopes up to try for another when he is about a year old. Jack is sure that one is good, but he has agreed to humor me for awhile. We will see what God has to say about it. It's His decision just as this Baby was and is His. I would just like for him to have a sibling to play with. I would actually hope for a boy at that point. Rather than a Girl for us to balance it out or have one of each, I think it is more likely to be better for them to be the same gender. But again, it's God's plan that will determine. :)
Is anyone reading this? Hahaha...
Well, we missed our slot in the 8/11 Natural Birthing Class and now cannot start until 9/15! Our last class falls ON OUR DUE DATE! I told the Girls at the Center "well, I guess I will get my 4th class the old fashioned and hands on way if I am in labor!" They whole heartedly agreed. :) We are taking our Breastfeeding and Newborn Care classes before we take our birth class! I am really excited about all of the classes. They are also working with me trying to combine appointments with my trips down to help a bit. It takes us almost an hour to get there in traffic.
I do hope when my labor gets to where it's time to go down, that it is very early morning like 4 or 5 as traffic will be light but we may also have had a wink or two of sleep to that point. Hey, a girl can dream! I already pray for the labor and birth everyday. I will be curious to see what God has up his fleece sleeve for me, and for Jack. Judging by this Baby's strong and pretty constant movements since week 16, I feel like he is a real trooper and will work with me through the process. He seems very tough and purposeful to me.
It's going to be a great experience!
Are you still there?
Love you all!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















Love you pretty preggie:) Hugs from KY! MJM
ReplyDelete