Another Bundle Is Headed Our Way!

Slideshow Creator Pro

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 22, 2010

15 week 4 day appt was Monday!

I asked Jack to join me again for this last appointment on Monday...I knew we would be listening for the heartbeat, and I was feeling a little nervous. I have decided that this pregnancy will probably just be a little like that until I hold this Baby myself. I don't actively worry about it, but on appointment mornings the thoughts cross my mind still. With that said:

The visit went great! Dr. D'Ambrosia literally just put some gel on my low belly, set the doppler down in one spot and the resounding thud filled the room! She says a good range is 110-160 and Baby was beating 140. Jack was so surprised at the volume of the heartbeat that his mouth dropped open and his eyes popped. He said "Wow!" and I said "yes, that's what's going on in there!"

Next visit is 5/20. As we all know, we will be getting gender then. I asked Dr. D what else we will be looking for. She said we'll be looking at all the organs and everything in between for proper development and placement. She said the machine would be on Baby for a good half hour. I don't like this at all. I was tempted to ask Jack if we could skip it. I don't have a bad feeling about it, but I will be praying that God places His hand over Baby's ears to block any noise and that He protects from any negative effects or experience.

Oh, and I have maintained my weight since the last visit as well, and was only up a pound or two at that point. This is very surprising to me, as my bras are too tight and my jeans are uncomfortable in the belly. At this rate I could be in my jeans with a bella band for awhile longer but...we'll see what happens...

Apparently Baby is going to double in size in the next 3 weeks, so it is normal that I am having lots of pulling and twinges as my uterus stresses against my round ligaments. I have really been tuning in trying to see if I can feel Baby yet, but with all the twinges it is hard to tell. I am pretty sure I have not felt her/him yet.... My low back and sciatica have been really acting up the last week or so. I have been doing yoga, which sometimes seems to help and other times seems to make my abs sore. Kacey and I also walked 45 minutes yesterday, which was not as pleasant as usual, but if I tuck my butt in and keep my back from swaying out it feels better! I've been staying pretty well out of the office chair too, and that helps alot. Not complaining, just sharing symptoms. :)

I got an email from Mountain Midwifery yesterday confirming that my health insurance is accepted there! I will post more about that another day.

Is anyone even reading this? :)

1 comment:

  1. Im reading this, and loving every word! Im so excited for you, and praying for a happy healthy pregnancy and a beautiful gorgeous perfect baby! Love you truckloads Monkey:)

    ReplyDelete