Another Bundle Is Headed Our Way!

Slideshow Creator Pro

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 27, 2010

8 Week Appointment Notes


Okay! A "real" post from me. We were exactly 8 weeks from conception on Thursday 2/25/10, the day of our first appointment with our new Doctor. I cannot tell you how nervous I was. I was already nauseated all day, and upon arriving to the office I could barely finish my paperwork. Jack offered to help even, I was so hose beasted. But we got it done, and only waited about 10-15 minutes for the Doctor. We loved her immediately! The first thing she said after introductions was "I bet you are really nervous...I just read your history." I said I was extremely nervous. And she asked if we would like to go ahead and see our Baby first, before we do anything else. She had literally read my thoughts that I had expressed in the previous weeks.

This time, there was no pause. There was no looking around desperately, while a horrible silence hung from the ceiling tiles. This time our little Blob was THERE! Measuring perfectly for our conception date and even moving around a little bit! Our Doctor said "Hi Mommy! Hi Daddy!" I was crying, the Doctor was crying, Jack was grinning and squeezing my hand off! The little heartbeat was pounding away at a very strong 180 then 177 beats per minute. (Hmmmm, could it be Daddy's Girl?)

The Doctor was so pleased with all that she saw, and so happy for us, she printed off 8 pictures. She also pointed out the heartbeat, the head and rump, and the little limb buds starting to form into the arms that will someday hug our necks. And when it was time to move on, Doctor said "Bye Mommy! Bye Daddy!"

We can't say enough about our Doctor. Not just her lovely presence and personality, but her birth philosophy as well. She shares my views that childbirth should be a natural process as much as possible, and that intervention should only be in the case of a life threat to Baby or Mom. She says we can have an active birth at Rose, as the rooms are equipped with birthing balls, squat cubes, jacuzzi tubs and plenty of room to move around. I will not have to be tethered to a bed by monitors, sitting on the place I am trying to breathe a Baby out from! Yay!

There is one huge downside, as with most practices in Denver, if Yuko is not the Doc on call the day we deliver, one of her partners will attend. We will get to meet all her partners over the next 30 weeks. We are praying that God works that out, because even Jack said he would feel so much more comfortable knowing she would be the one there with us. And I am honestly a bit worried about his comfort a little more than mine! So prayers needed there...But Yuko did express genuine confidence and affection for her Group, and said that the birth philosophies are shared and will be honored.

So we got a lot of information that day. And 3 more appointments set up. We will be checking my thyroid every 4 weeks. Our 20 week appointment is May 20th....when we will learn the gender of our Bubbly Bubby. We are going to try and avoid any more ultrasounds before then.

Well, it's feeling like back to bed for me. I just finished some laundry, cleaned the kitchen and picked up, and now I feel worked! I do hope I get to feeling a lot better soon, or this will be a long 32 weeks ahead! But we are so thankful. All glory be to God through Jesus Christ forever and ever Amen! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment